Funeral Price List
All funeral directors are legally required to publish this Price List for a standardised set of products and services. This is to help you think through your options and make choices, and to let you compare prices between different funeral directors (because prices can vary).
ATTENDED FUNERAL (funeral director’s charges only) £2235.00
This is a funeral where family and friends have a ceremony, event, or service for the deceased person at the same time as they attend their burial or cremation.
- Taking care of all necessary legal and administrative arrangements £765.00
- Collecting and transporting the deceased person from the place of death (normally within 15 miles of the funeral director’s premises) into the funeral director’s care £195.00
- Care of the deceased person before the funeral in appropriate facilities. The deceased person will be kept at the funeral director’s premises £305.00
- Providing a suitable coffin – this will be made from veneered wood with electro brass handles and engraved nameplate (other coffins available on request) £345.00
- Viewing of the deceased person for family and friends, by appointment with the funeral director (where viewing is requested by the customer) £1.00
- At a date and time you agree with the funeral director, taking the deceased person direct to the agreed cemetery or crematorium (normally within 20 miles of the funeral director’s premises) in a hearse or other appropriate vehicle
This is a funeral where family and friends may choose to have a ceremony, event or service for the deceased person, but they do not attend the burial or cremation itself.
- Burial (funeral director’s charges only) £950.00
- Cremation (funeral director’s charges plus the cremation fee) £1,400.00
For an Attended or Unattended burial funeral, the burial fee.
In this local area, the typical cost of the burial fee for local residents is:
For a new grave, you will also need to pay for the plot; for an existing grave with a memorial in place, you
may need to pay a removal/replacement fee. In addition, the cemetery may charge a number of other fees.
For an Attended cremation funeral, the cremation fee.
In this local area, the typical cost of a cremation for local residents is:
Please discuss any specific religious, belief-based and/or cultural requirements that you have with the funeral director.
This funeral director may be able to supply a range of optional, additional products and services, or to arrange (on your behalf) for a third party to supply them. Examples include:
- Additional mileage (price per mile) £2.00
- Additional transfers of the deceased person’s body (e.g. to their home, to a place of worship etc.) (price per transfer) £245.00
- Collection and delivery of ashes £1.00
- Embalming £80.00
- Funeral officiant (e.g. celebrant, minister of religion etc.) From £200.00
- Services supplied outside of normal office hours Prices on request
The funeral director can give you a full list of what they can supply. They are likely to charge for these additional products and services, so you may choose to take care of some arrangements without their involvement, or you can use a different supplier.